Future Market Garden Sets (2024)

arnhem44mad

1st Lieutenant
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
4,662
  • Oct 27, 2007
  • #1

Now that we're so close to Arnhem, I mean Market GardenFuture Market Garden Sets (2), my mind has been going crazy thinking about what sets we could be seeing in 2008Future Market Garden Sets (3)Future Market Garden Sets (4)

Since it's 'Operation Market Garden', and not Arnhem, I think we can be expecting diffrent nationalities, like AmericanFuture Market Garden Sets (5), and maybe some PolishFuture Market Garden Sets (6)Future Market Garden Sets (7)Future Market Garden Sets (8)

I would love some more British vehicles, Shermans, an ambulance jeep, some Dingo Scout Cars in the proper colours, and maybe Daimler Armoured cars, and Bren Gun CarriersFuture Market Garden Sets (9)OH OH OH, and some trucks with the boats used by the 82nd Airbourne to get to the other side of Nimejen BridgeFuture Market Garden Sets (10)Future Market Garden Sets (11)

rws591

Corporal
Joined
Aug 14, 2007
Messages
508
  • Oct 27, 2007
  • #2

all of that would be good to see ,but how about some Germans.

redhugh

Master Sergeant
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
1,348
  • Oct 27, 2007
  • #3

rws591 said:

all of that would be good to see ,but how about some Germans.

for market garden need the german sappers preparing to blow up the bridges
(they can also blow-up my burnside bridge Future Market Garden Sets (14)) and maybe some destroyed german light armour (well they did pick off quite a few with the piat at arnhem)
Twisted charred black metal (in polystone of courseFuture Market Garden Sets (15)) and more casualities of war SS panzergrenadiers and para's, and Urquart kicking the radio's around like a football in a fit of rage!

arnhem44mad

1st Lieutenant
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
4,662
  • Oct 28, 2007
  • #4

redhugh said:

for market garden need the german sappers preparing to blow up the bridges
(they can also blow-up my burnside bridge Future Market Garden Sets (17)) and maybe some destroyed german light armour (well they did pick off quite a few with the piat at arnhem)
Twisted charred black metal (in polystone of courseFuture Market Garden Sets (18)) and more casualities of war SS panzergrenadiers and para's, and Urquart kicking the radio's around like a football in a fit of rage!

I thought andy said that there would be no actual specific Germans made for this range, that's why I avoided Germans, but I would like some ofcourseFuture Market Garden Sets (19)Future Market Garden Sets (20)Future Market Garden Sets (21)Future Market Garden Sets (22)

Deffo SappersFuture Market Garden Sets (23), snipers, deffo some blown up german vehicles, and dead GermansFuture Market Garden Sets (24)Future Market Garden Sets (25)

Jim5615

Specialist
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
377
  • Oct 28, 2007
  • #5

I would love to see remakes of the original Arnhem sets, including, General Horrocks, John Frost, and so on. The vehicle I'm really hoping for, is the armored car (used by Michael Caine) in A Bridge Too Far.

Rob

Four Star General
Joined
May 18, 2005
Messages
26,622
  • Oct 28, 2007
  • #6

Jim5615 said:

I would love to see remakes of the original Arnhem sets, including, General Horrocks, John Frost, and so on. The vehicle I'm really hoping for, is the armored car (used by Michael Caine) in A Bridge Too Far.

That would be cool,and having just got the Osprey book i now really want a firefly!.

Rob

uksubs

Lieutenant Colonel
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
7,049
  • Oct 28, 2007
  • #7

Jim5615 said:

I would love to see remakes of the original Arnhem sets, including, General Horrocks, John Frost, and so on. The vehicle I'm really hoping for, is the armoured car (used by Michael Caine) in A Bridge Too Far.

I would love the armoured car ,plus 3in mortar team , & two man flame thrower team

arnhem44mad

1st Lieutenant
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
4,662
  • Oct 28, 2007
  • #8

uksubs said:

I would love the armoured car ,plus 3in mortar team , & two man flame thrower team

Maybe for an SL piece, there will be an Armoured car with the figure portrayed by Michael Caine in itFuture Market Garden Sets (30)Future Market Garden Sets (31)Future Market Garden Sets (32)

I would really love the lorries with boats thoughFuture Market Garden Sets (33)Future Market Garden Sets (34)

And a German PAK 40.Future Market Garden Sets (35)Future Market Garden Sets (36)

And of course, a HalftrackFuture Market Garden Sets (37)Future Market Garden Sets (38)

rws591

Corporal
Joined
Aug 14, 2007
Messages
508
  • Oct 28, 2007
  • #9

Im droolingFuture Market Garden Sets (40)

arnhem44mad

1st Lieutenant
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
4,662
  • Oct 28, 2007
  • #10

rws591

Corporal
Joined
Aug 14, 2007
Messages
508
  • Oct 28, 2007
  • #11

I just realized a can now get a staghound and have units to go with it.

H

Harrytheheid

Banned
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
4,672
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #12

I watched the documentary "Battlefields - Operation Market Garden" (its part of the BBC WWII DVD Collection) again this morning. The programme really brings home just how close the Allies came to pulling off the entire plan, how the war would have been shortened if they'd been successful, how many lives would have been saved, and how different post-war Europe might have been.

Cheers
H

redhugh

Master Sergeant
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
1,348
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #13

Harrytheheid said:

I watched the documentary "Battlefields - Operation Market Garden" (its part of the BBC WWII DVD Collection) again this morning. The programme really brings home just how close the Allies came to pulling off the entire plan, how the war would have been shortened if they'd been successful, how many lives would have been saved, and how different post-war Europe might have been.

Cheers
H

love the french voice-over at the begining of "a bridge too far" and the final line ..The plan, like so many plans, in so many wars before it, was meant to end the fighting by christmas and bring the boys back home...

I'm no expert , but from what I read , the loss of allied troops in market garden led to replacements being drafted in from the ardennes , which left the weakened line for the germans to exploit in the BOB

must look up the documentary , sounds great, BBC always do that stuff really well

Jim5615

Specialist
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
377
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #14

redhugh said:

love the french voice-over at the begining of "a bridge too far" and the final line ..The plan, like so many plans, in so many wars before it, was meant to end the fighting by christmas and bring the boys back home...

I'm no expert , but from what I read , the loss of allied troops in market garden led to replacements being drafted in from the ardennes , which left the weakened line for the germans to exploit in the BOB

must look up the documentary , sounds great, BBC always do that stuff really well

That wasn't French mate, it was Dutch - actually it was Liv Ullman. Future Market Garden Sets (55)

redhugh

Master Sergeant
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
1,348
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #15

Jim5615 said:

That wasn't French mate, it was Dutch - actually it was Liv Ullman. Future Market Garden Sets (57)

Not dutch but Norwegian!!! Future Market Garden Sets (58)Future Market Garden Sets (59)Future Market Garden Sets (60)

O

OldCelt

Corporal
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
486
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #16

Jim5615 said:

That wasn't French mate, it was Dutch - actually it was Liv Ullman. Future Market Garden Sets (61)

Future Market Garden Sets (62)Yes Liv Ullman riding on a Brit FireFly "tres intrncional"..

redhugh

Master Sergeant
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
1,348
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #17

OldCelt said:

Future Market Garden Sets (64)Yes Liv Ullman riding on a Brit FireFly "tres intrncional"..

i can see the K&C limited edition now, "squeeze her and she talks" Future Market Garden Sets (65)Future Market Garden Sets (66)Future Market Garden Sets (67) Now that would be special edition

Canadian Samurai

Staff Sergeant
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
808
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #18

rws591 said:

I just realized a can now get a staghound and have units to go with it.

Just be aware that the Staghound by K&C is in the markings of 12th Manitoba Dragoons, a Canadian Unit, that was not part of Market Garden. Future Market Garden Sets (69) Indeed I really hope to see a Canadian late war commonwealth figure set or two in the future to complement the Staghound and give me a reason to finally get one.

rws591

Corporal
Joined
Aug 14, 2007
Messages
508
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #19

Canadian Samurai said:

Just be aware that the Staghound by K&C is in the markings of 12th Manitoba Dragoons, a Canadian Unit, that was not part of Market Garden. Future Market Garden Sets (71) Indeed I really hope to see a Canadian late war commonwealth figure set or two in the future to complement the Staghound and give me a reason to finally get one.

thanks for ruining itFuture Market Garden Sets (72), just kidding thanks cs

H

Harrytheheid

Banned
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
4,672
  • Oct 29, 2007
  • #20

redhugh said:

i can see the K&C limited edition now, "squeeze her and she talks" Future Market Garden Sets (73)Future Market Garden Sets (74)Future Market Garden Sets (75) Now that would be special edition


Future Market Garden Sets (76)Future Market Garden Sets (77)Future Market Garden Sets (78)Future Market Garden Sets (79)Future Market Garden Sets (80).....Brilliant idea, almost as bizzare as some that flit through my mind..!!

Cheers
H

You must log in or register to reply here.

Future Market Garden Sets (2024)

References

Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Merrill Bechtelar CPA

Last Updated:

Views: 6343

Rating: 5 / 5 (70 voted)

Reviews: 93% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Merrill Bechtelar CPA

Birthday: 1996-05-19

Address: Apt. 114 873 White Lodge, Libbyfurt, CA 93006

Phone: +5983010455207

Job: Legacy Representative

Hobby: Blacksmithing, Urban exploration, Sudoku, Slacklining, Creative writing, Community, Letterboxing

Introduction: My name is Merrill Bechtelar CPA, I am a clean, agreeable, glorious, magnificent, witty, enchanting, comfortable person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.